TIME: 2 weeks
By the end of this unit, you will be able to:
- make a variety of types of sushi: makizushi, temakizushi nigirizushi, oshizushi, chirashizushi.
- make a shopping list for ingredients needed for making sushi.
- read or write Japanese recipes for the above.
By the end of this unit, you will have learned:
- about sushi and its preparation.
- how to make various types of sushi—by actually doing it.
- vocabulary appropriate for the unit—especially fish and seafood names.
- identify the new recipe’s required ingredients, amounts, and actions, as well as how to perform them.
- kanji appropriate to this topic.
- explain how to make the selected new recipe—either orally or in writing.
- new or improved cooking skills—practical, real–world, ones.