TIME: 2 weeks
The overall goal of this unit is for students to develop skills for the up–coming mock exchange program interview. Students will in turn be the prospective exchange student applicant, or the person who is interviewing prospective exchange students. Ultimately, all students will have to make some decisions about which student or students they wish to recommend for the exchange program, and to explain or justify their choices in a letter to the mock exchange program admissions committee.
By the end of this unit, you will be able to:
- ask and answer questions about the capacity to do something, about ability or capability to do something.
- ask and answer questions about how well (or poorly) you (or others) can do something.
- describe the capacity to do something in varying degrees.
- answer such questions in the context of an interview for an exchange program to Japan.
By the end of this unit, you will have learned:
- two different ways to talk about capacity, capability and potential.
- a new application of the nominalization of verbs.
- the Potential Form for Action verbs — a new verb conjugation.
- more about following up questions with more questions, to keep the flow of conversation going.