TIME: 3 weeks
By the end of this unit, you will be able to:
- simulate shopping and making purchases in a variety of contexts—department stores, stationary store, grocery stores, smaller stores specializing in selling only one type of thing, and so on.
- simulate interacting with store clerks and personnel—asking for help in finding merchandise that you want to purchase, and asking questions to find out more about merchandise.
- identify merchandise according to size, color, number, price, function, feature, and other such characteristics.
- bargain where appropriate.
By the end of this unit, you will have learned:
- how to shop in Japan—including where to bargain and where not to do so.
- more counting/classifying devises.
- more vocabulary—especially for clothing and non–food items.