TIME: 2 weeks
By the end of this unit, you will be able to:
- recognize many of the most common Japanese surnames.
- write many of the most common Japanese surnames.
- generally distinguish male and female given names.
By the end of this unit, you will have learned:
- many Japanese surnames.
- that Japanese surnames are frequently written with simple, pictographic kanji.
- patterns that will allow you to tell the difference between female and male given names—making recognizing many names relatively easy, as well as making it easier to learn more complex characters which are made up of these more simple elements.
- many common or typical given names that are sort of standard ones.
- about names that are popular or fashionable today.