Graduation requirements for World Languages—according to the Student Handbook [page 5], are as follows:
- Two (2.0) credits (four semesters) in World Language taken two out of the three years at the Academy, including completion of an Academy Level II course or higher.
- All world language courses are year–long courses and cannot be dropped at the end of the fall semester.
A note from IMSA’s College and Academic Counselors:
- Competitive colleges and universities want applicants to study foreign language throughout their high school career.
- Changing from one language to another upon entering IMSA will have no negative effect on a student’s competitiveness in the college admission process.
- Students who study two languages concurrently stand out in the college admission process.