A Sincere Love Letter to Sleep

Dear Sleep,

I know it’s been a long time since we’ve been able to spend  time together, and I apologize greatly. At first, I thought that our separation would be brief, and we’d only be apart for five school days at a time. Yet, here we are now, more than half a year since the beginning of school in August. You and I – once the best of friends – are now like distant acquaintances.

It’s almost as if we’re having a sordid affair. We can never be seen together after school anymore. The endless piles of homework, essays, and extracurricular activities are slowly eating away at me and robbing me of the little time I have with you. I love sneaking glances at you sometimes during class, or initiating some friendly conversation during free mods. Though it’s true that I took you for granted in the past, I really don’t know what I was thinking back then. I failed to see how special you are, how crucial you are to my life.

This is long overdue, but I want to formally thank you. I finally know the luxury of being with you now. When I look back, I realize that you were too good to me. It’s already too far into the semester, but I just wanted to tell you that I miss you, and look forward to the day we can be together again – blissful, restful, uninterrupted sleep. As the days and years drag on, I fear we will never again be as close as we once were. I still love you, and I need you. Please come back to me.

Yours Truly,

A sleep deprived IMSA student

aliu1
Hello! My name is Alice Liu, and I am a junior from 02 A wing. I am a staff writer for the Acronym. I come from the snow fields of a barren northern land called Waterloo Canada, and have a love-hate relationship with math!

Be the first to comment on "A Sincere Love Letter to Sleep"