Cheese and Eggs Burrito

“I’m sick of ramen!” I yelled, remembering the faint taste of the spicy beef ramen I just ate last night. I’ve always heard that college students resort to instant ramen to fill their hungry, rumbling stomachs deprived of home-cooked food. The stereotypical image of a college student, huddled in a blanket, doing homework late at night with a limp noodle hanging from the student’s mouth, filled my head when I first moved here. Aside from the fact that I don’t have a limp noodle precariously hanging from my mouth, this picture seems accurate.

If you’re as sick as me when it comes to eating the same food over and over again, add some variety and spice in your daily eating habits. If you’re looking for something easy to make under 5 minutes, look no further! The cheese and eggs burrito is here!

Ingredients:
2 eggs, 2 slices of mild cheddar cheese, burrito wrap, microwave

Directions
1. Crack 2 eggs and put them in a bowl. Pierce the egg yolks and stir until it becomes yellow throughout and runny.
2. Sprinkle salt in the bowl. If you are feeling fancy, you can sprinkle parsley in as well.
3. Put the bowl in the microwave and microwave for 2 minutes. (Make sure you use a cover to avoid splashes! You don’t want to get into trouble with your RC!)
4. If the egg resembles anything like the egg you see at breakfast, then it’s time to move on to the cheese.
5. Fold a square slice of mild cheddar cheese (or any other cheese of your liking) in half and place it flat on one side of a burrito wrap. Make sure it covers the semi-circle of the burrito wrap.
6. Fill the half of the burrito wrap with scrambled eggs and fold the wrap in half.
7. Place the burrito on a plate and microwave it for one minute.
8. Now you’re finished! Chow down on your egg and cheese burrito!

adeguzman
Aliah is a senior living in 03A. She is the Humans of IMSA Director and she loves freestyle dancing, chinese food, and entrepreneurship.

Be the first to comment on "Cheese and Eggs Burrito"