Ask Acronym: Valentine’s Day Edition

Love is in the air! Source: Aquarium of the Pacific

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, so there’s no better time for another edition of Ask Acronym! We asked for your best Valentine’s Day questions, and here are answers to just a special few.

How do I ask someone to be my Valentine?
It doesn’t matter how you ask them, as long as it’s genuine and from the heart. Candy is always a good way, but you might be out of luck since Sweethearts aren’t being sold this year. Think about what the other person would like, and try to make it special for them.

How do I celebrate Valentine’s day if I’m single?
Self-care is important, and what better day to devote to that than Valentine’s Day? Do something nice for yourself, whatever makes you happy! Spoil yourself for the day! Do a face mask, gorge on a box of chocolates, or just call your mom and talk to her for a bit. If this isn’t quite your speed (maybe you already did all of this yesterday), just treat it like a normal day. Even better, you could have a Galentine’s Day, with advice for that a couple questions down.

I like someone and I told her that I like her. But she said no, we can be friends instead. How do I move out of the friend zone?
You don’t. The only thing you can and should do is respect her decision, and move on. If she said she only feels comfortable being friends, then that’s the decision she made. Any move you might make would be inconsiderate and scummy; she already said she doesn’t like you in that way. Your options are to stay friends with her for the time being or move on.

How do I plan a Galentine’s Day?
If you don’t know what a Galentine’s Day is, I’ll catch you up to speed. Basically, it’s a get-together with all of your closest friends, typically the day before Valentine’s Day. To plan the perfect Galentine’s Day, think about what you and your friends like to do. If you’re anything like me, I’d plan on going out for a meal with all of my closest friends, preferably someplace where I have a gift card. If that doesn’t sound like you, think about other activities. The possibilities are endless!

will u b my valentine [sic]
No.

Derek Ronske
Derek is a senior living in 1501 D wing. He loves The Sims, chicken tenders, and all of his friends. You can most likely find him standing on his desk and yelling at his Amazon Echo to play Madonna.

Be the first to comment on "Ask Acronym: Valentine’s Day Edition"