Ask Acronym: Valentine’s Day

Source: Homedepot.com

It’s that time of year again. Valentines Day! So what’s a better time to answer your Valentine’s day questions. Here is another splendid edition of Ask Acronym answering a few special questions about this holiday!

How do you love yourself?

Self-care is extremely important, especially at IMSA. It would be best if you did something that makes you happy. This can vary from putting on a face mask to binging out on candy while watching your favorite movie. Make sure to take time for yourself, so that you can pamper yourself with the stuff you love. Loving yourself can start as quickly as rediscovering your passion. 

How do you really know if someone likes you? We casually flirt, but I don’t know if he likes me or not. 

One of the best ways to tell if someone likes you is to watch for the little signals. These signals could be body language, such as making eye contact or catching someone leaning towards you when you’re talking. It could also be the energy he gives off with you’re talking to him, whether it involves teasing you, complimenting you, or asking for your opinion. Lightly teasing someone is very common indicator of a interest because it can signal that someone wants your attention. If he frequently asks for your opinion on subjects, this is a good sign because it shows that he cares about what you think, which is important if you ever do start a relationship. 

What is the most effective way to ask someone out? I’m interested, but I don’t know how to approach them. 

An effective way to ask someone out is in person. It is easier to express your feelings if you can look them in the eye and confess them, instead of over text. One way to approach them is to start a normal conversation without making it awkward. Then you could bring up the idea of a relationship casually, without officially asking, just to see what they say. If it sounds like they’re all for a relationship, then it is your perfect shot to ask them! However, if they seem like they’re not fond of this idea, then I would hold off on it for another time. 

Kaylee Zhou
I'm Kaylee, and I am a senior this year. I live in 1502 D-wing, and this is my third year on Acronym. When I'm not doing work I enjoy being with my friends, watching Netflix, and running.

Be the first to comment on "Ask Acronym: Valentine’s Day"