The Billion Dollar Morning Routine

Productivity is an essential, but what's the best way to reach it | Source: Inc Magazine

Who doesn’t dream of becoming a billionaire? Maybe it’s just as easy as adjusting your daily morning routine! Although you can’t alone correlate a morning routine to economic success, starting your morning in an efficient manner can tidy up your mindset and lead to a more productive day. So, what exactly is this morning routine you ask? The “One Billion Dollar Morning Routine” consists of a variety of activities centered around self-care and self-love. They’re designed to wake up your mind and body. I decided to challenge this new routine for a week and track any differences in my lifestyle. 

An Early Morning

The first step of the routine is to wake up early. As someone who usually wakes up between 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM, waking up at 6:00 AM was a struggle, to say the least. Having forced myself to go to bed earlier than my usual 2:00 AM, it was difficult to reject sleeping an extra hour after waking up at what felt like the crack of dawn to an annoying alarm. However, as it got closer to the end of the week, I found it easier to wake up earlier than my usual routine.

Make Your Bed

Although this may seem trivial, I have to admit that there are days where I just roll out of bed and don’t even think about making my bed. And, I know I’m not the only one who does this. However, I realized that starting my days off by creating a tidy environment actually set the mood for the rest of the day. I felt more inclined to be productive, social, and go outside. It made me feel a bit accomplished as soon as I woke up, even if it was a simple task. It helped me start my days off in a productive mindset. 

Stay Hydrated

Again, I know, this might seem like a basic part of a morning routine. But, I don’t usually drink water until I have breakfast. However, I found that drinking water as soon as I woke up helped me feel more awake and energized. It also made me realize how dehydrated I actually was in the morning.

Workout

I’ve tried meditating as part of my daily routine previously, but I wasn’t successful. I would usually meditate at night, and it wasn’t until I tried this challenge that I realized that meditating at night led me to reflect on the day and made it difficult to stop my mind from going a million miles an hour. However, meditating in the morning while everyone was just waking up allowed me to concentrate more, and I didn’t continue thinking about what I did during the day.

I am confident that the 20 minutes I spent meditating allowed me to have a less stressful day. In addition to meditating, I also worked out in the mornings, even though it wasn’t necessarily part of the challenge. However, I found it best to combine meditation with my morning workout just out of personal preference. I know that some people would rather work out later in the day or at night, so I don’t think you should be too strict with working out in the morning, although I do suggest meditating. 

Cold Shower

Hot showers are the highlight of my mornings. That’s why taking cold showers was a challenge for me. Although, I found it hard to willingly take a cold shower, I found myself more awake after them. I also found it more efficient as I didn’t want to shower under cold water for too long.

Journaling

Every year, my New Year’s resolution is the same: to journal. And, every year, I am unsuccessful. I usually struggle to put my emotions into words, so having to write them down was one of the greatest challenges. During this challenge, I found myself making to-do lists and to-feel lists. It helped me create a timeline for the day as well as a mood where I would feel happy and motivated. When I found myself getting distracted, I would remind myself of the day’s goals to get back on track.

Read for 30 Minutes

To be honest, I haven’t really read since the end of middle school. I read books for English classes, but they weren’t ones I was genuinely interested in. However, through the challenge, I found my passion for reading once again and felt relaxed in the mornings while I was flipping through the pages. Although I was tempted to go on my phone, I resisted the urge. Choosing to read a book allowed me to indulge in my own world instead of caring about what was going on around me. 

My Personal Take

Overall, I would say that the “One Billion Dollar Morning Routine” definitely resulted in more productive days. I would advise trying out this routine, especially if you consider yourself a morning person. However, I also suggest finding a combination of your regular routine and this one to create something that works best for you! 

Bhavya Vegesna
Hey! I'm Bhavya and I'm a rising senior! I live in 1502 and am a staff writer for The Acronym. Outside of The Acronym, I like to travel, read, and try new food!

Be the first to comment on "The Billion Dollar Morning Routine"