Meteorologist Adam Klotz Attacked On NYC Subway

A visual of the injuries Adam Klotz suffered | Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

On Sunday, a few minutes past midnight, Adam Klotz, a meteorologist at Fox News, was brutally attacked while riding the New York City subway. The incident occurred as Klotz was on his way home after watching a Giants-Eagles NFL playoff game at a bar in Manhattan. While on the subway, he noticed a group of teens harassing an “older gentleman” and setting his hair on fire with a joint.

In an interview with Fox & Friends, Klotz stated, “I was like, ‘Whoa, you can’t do that. That’s not cool,’ and that’s all it took. Then, I became the focus of their attention.” Klotz expressed his frustration at the situation, saying, “I want there to be something done. Why is the weather guy on the train trying to stop crime in the middle of the night? Where is Eric Adams? Where’s the city? Why am I doing this? Why is it up to me?” Despite trying to remove himself from the situation, the group continued to taunt Klotz and followed him to another subway car.

Klotz recounts, “I got off the train after taking a punch. The whole group, the doors opened at another stop, the whole group just came and bum rushed me, and suddenly I was on the ground, getting kicked in the side and getting wailed on. They were trying to knock me out, and I was doing my best to cover my head.” The attack resulted in Klotz being treated at a local hospital, with a black and blue side and a knee that was hard to bend due to being kicked and punched.

Three of the teens involved in the attack were stopped by police, but they were later released to their parents without facing charges. Klotz called for “some sort of change” and for New York City Mayor Eric Adams to “do something more long term so that this won’t happen to somebody else.” Klotz also said, “I want more than just getting some sort of revenge in the short term.”

Adi Hansoty
Adi Hansoty is a junior at IMSA who lives in 07 B-wing. He is from Long Grove and is very excited to serve as a staff writer. Outside of writing, he likes to play sports, guitar, and listen to music.

Be the first to comment on "Meteorologist Adam Klotz Attacked On NYC Subway"