Super Bowl Munchies
It’s large, it’s broadcasted nationwide, and it’s the most manly day of the year: It’s the Super Bowl. This year the Denver Broncos and the North Carolina Panthers will face off at Super Bowl 50. A half century of manliness, awesome half time shows, hilarious commercials, and Gatorade dumps, this year is truly special for the National Football League. However, a special day needs a special menu. Therefore, we have compiled a list of the necessary food items that will enhance your football viewing.
- Macho Nacho
- Items Needed:
- About bag Doritos, your favorite flavor (11.5-oz size; eat the rest while you’re waiting)
- 3 cups shredded mixed meat, like pork and chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheese (pick your favourite type)
- BBQ Sauce
- A large sheet pan (13 x 15 jelly roll)
- Items Needed:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lay chips out on the pan. Then delicately layer the meat over the nachos and pour the cheese everywhere
- Put the tray in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is the desired stage of melting.
- Remove the pan and generously pour BBQ sauce over your nachos.
- To add pizzazz it is recommended to add more toppings. Go big or go home! Additional add ins are:
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1 tbsp Tabasco
- Lots of Sour cream
*Courtesy of Esquire.com
- End Zone Pizza Rolls
- Items Needed:
- 1 lb pizza dough, room temperature
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 6 tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese (use more if you’d like!)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz pepperoni
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Roll out the dough so it is in a rectangle
- Mix the garlic powder, parsley, red pepper flakes, and Parmesan cheese together in a bowl. Sprinkle half of the mixture over the dough.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on one half of the rectangle and then put the peperoni on top of the cheesy area.
- Fold the rectangle in half so that the cheese and pepperoni side is covered by dough.
- Cut the dough into thin strips, twist each strip a few times, and pinch the ends.
- Brush the top of the twists with olive oil and sprinkle the mixture of seasonings on top. Flip and brush the other sides.
- Put into the oven for 10 minutes or until the pizza twists are golden brown.
- Enjoy with ranch dressing, marinara sauce, or just plain!
*Courtesy of MomOnTimeOut.com
- The Ultimate Super Bowl Ring: Chicken Taco Crescent Roll Ring
- 3 cups chicken breast (cooked & shredded)
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- ½ cup carrots (shredded)
- ¼ cup green onions (diced)
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese (shredded)
- 3 cans (4 count) crescent rolls
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the shredded chicken and the buffalo sauce in a bowl and mix in the carrots and onions.
- Mix in the cheese
- Criss Cross 3 crescent rolls (so it looks like a snowflake) and place a cup in the middle to make the hole of the ring.
- Add the contents of the bowl (the chicken and seasonings) around the glass. Make sure that it is on the crescent roles.
- Remove the glass and then fold over the sides of the rolls so that they fully cover the chicken and create a nice ring shape.
- Place the ring in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve plain or with ranch!
*Recipe courtesy of WhitneyBond.com
**All recipes are taken from real websites, but the names of the delicious foods have been changed to better fit the football theme.