Super Bowl Munchies
It’s large, it’s broadcasted nationwide, and it’s the most manly day of the year: It’s the Super Bowl. This year the Denver Broncos and the North Carolina Panthers will face off at Super Bowl 50. A half century of manliness, awesome half time shows, hilarious commercials, and Gatorade dumps, this year is truly special for the National Football League. However, a special day needs a special menu. Therefore, we have compiled a list of the necessary food items that will enhance your football viewing.
- Macho Nacho
- Items Needed:
- About bag Doritos, your favorite flavor (11.5-oz size; eat the rest while you’re waiting)
- 3 cups shredded mixed meat, like pork and chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheese (pick your favourite type)
- BBQ Sauce
- A large sheet pan (13 x 15 jelly roll)
- Items Needed:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lay chips out on the pan. Then delicately layer the meat over the nachos and pour the cheese everywhere
- Put the tray in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is the desired stage of melting.
- Remove the pan and generously pour BBQ sauce over your nachos.
- To add pizzazz it is recommended to add more toppings. Go big or go home! Additional add ins are:
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1 tbsp Tabasco
- Lots of Sour cream
*Courtesy of Esquire.com
- End Zone Pizza Rolls
- Items Needed:
- 1 lb pizza dough, room temperature
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 6 tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese (use more if you’d like!)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz pepperoni
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Roll out the dough so it is in a rectangle
- Mix the garlic powder, parsley, red pepper flakes, and Parmesan cheese together in a bowl. Sprinkle half of the mixture over the dough.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on one half of the rectangle and then put the peperoni on top of the cheesy area.
- Fold the rectangle in half so that the cheese and pepperoni side is covered by dough.
- Cut the dough into thin strips, twist each strip a few times, and pinch the ends.
- Brush the top of the twists with olive oil and sprinkle the mixture of seasonings on top. Flip and brush the other sides.
- Put into the oven for 10 minutes or until the pizza twists are golden brown.
- Enjoy with ranch dressing, marinara sauce, or just plain!
*Courtesy of MomOnTimeOut.com
- The Ultimate Super Bowl Ring: Chicken Taco Crescent Roll Ring
- 3 cups chicken breast (cooked & shredded)
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- ½ cup carrots (shredded)
- ¼ cup green onions (diced)
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese (shredded)
- 3 cans (4 count) crescent rolls
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the shredded chicken and the buffalo sauce in a bowl and mix in the carrots and onions.
- Mix in the cheese
- Criss Cross 3 crescent rolls (so it looks like a snowflake) and place a cup in the middle to make the hole of the ring.
- Add the contents of the bowl (the chicken and seasonings) around the glass. Make sure that it is on the crescent roles.
- Remove the glass and then fold over the sides of the rolls so that they fully cover the chicken and create a nice ring shape.
- Place the ring in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve plain or with ranch!
*Recipe courtesy of WhitneyBond.com
**All recipes are taken from real websites, but the names of the delicious foods have been changed to better fit the football theme.
Be the first to comment on "Super Bowl Munchies"